Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic OC getting modular - rethinking construction and production

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala
Ignoring the already discussed stuff: I like one of those ideas in particular (apart from the layered buildings, which I wrote a concept about 1 year ago):

The automatically generated buildings which form depends on materials (I'm ignoring the modul part as well). I would like this: The player constructs a hut, and it becomes a wooden one if he does so with 3 wood. And a stonen one if he constructs it with 5 stones and 2 wood, and a military barack with additional stones and metal. Substitutions for constructing materials, i like that. We could also show this graphically in the construction design - first wood always wood constuct the frame, and the walls wood get filled with the additional material (wood / stone / metal).

And here is another part that I like: I really hated the tower building menu in Clonkrage, "construct" => normal tower, knight tower, knight tower with right side closed,  knight tower with a drawbridge right, and two others for left - and the wooden tower! 1,2,3..7 different towers - wtf? I remember ruining my game with a wrong tower several times... So for this special buildings: huts, towers and that stuff a little modularity is just what I would want. For the rest its making the game too complex.