Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
I am currently trying to see the positive aspects about your system, but some issues still remain:

How would you control e.g. the gates of a tower? I really dislike automatization there because it tends to open your gates when you are fighting with an enemy in front of it (or to not open them when you need it most).
My favourite would be to let the player control the buildings with the mouse (modifier+click tower->select "open left gate". done.) You would also be able to control "automatic" defense structures yourself (anti air cannon from CR). Defending your base when you can control only one Clonk would be a lot easier. (Game would have to be rebalanced of course - don't imagine CR with a stronger defense)

You don't need physical access to "use" the flag. "fighting for the enemy flag" would mean "blast through a lot of concrete". How to solve that? How do you actually "conquer" a flag? (stand in front of it/blow it up?)

What happens to powerlines/pneumatic tubes when they are connecting two buildings that do not belong to the same owner (one was conquered)? Imo they should just cease to function and not disconnect - that would mean that you would have to rebuild your whole base after every fight.

What happens if the enemy (player A) conquers a flag that covers buildings that are still covered by another player (player B)? It cannot be a "radius" here. It would have to be an area like in Settlers, right? So you could protect your outer towers by just having more than one flag.
If you have more than one flag - how could the enemy expect to conquer them all without dying at least once at losing what he had gained? After having blast through the concrete to conquer the flag he would have to do that two more times to actually gain anything

(I still don't like the healing stuff, but that is another question that does not directly belong to the ownership part ;)   )