Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW

> You would not bother to build a whole infrastructure just so that you can buy a bow or a shield.

We're talking about a forge here. That's hardly a crippling investment :P

> Okay: One hammer, one flag, one tentpack and 7 blocks of stone would allow you to quickly build up a base behind enemy lines with the ability to buy stuff there ;)

What's the point then to have a tent, when you would always construct it right next to your flag? If you have a tentpack, it even works mostly the same as flags.

Sorry, so far you don't have me convinced in the slightest. Here's another one of my spontaneous list of arguments for buying-at-building:
* We have a building less
* We don't have to build all menus two times (for building & buying). And the buying one won't be as big.
* We have reason to show off all our nice production buildings even in fast-paced melees
* Potential of strategic gameplay, like killing the enemy forge
* Natural delay for buying a lot of stuff (needs to be produced)
* No tent bombs

And last but not least:
* Generalizes naturally to buying buildings :)

Your idea strikes me as more conservative, which is okay, but I would really like to try this.