Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW

> you would need to buy a mason (so that you can make your towers stronger/repair them),

Yeah, that's the part I don't quite like about the castle/camp difference: It might make it more laborious to make actual castle. On the other hand: Camps should still have their place, and what place would be better than such throw-away bases? Once you have a few cannons throwing flints at you, it will probably be lost anyway.

> a forge (for a shield), an archery/carpentry for the bow and a chemical lab for the flints.

Well, you would most likely try to settle for one kind of attack and only buy the infrastructure for that. I am not afraid to admit that this is inspired by Starcraft: Lock the player into certain types of attack, so the enemy can in turn make strategic decisions how to counter them.

> Where would you sell stuff?

At the flag. Just bring the lorry near it, ka-ching, all valuables sold.