Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Personal Introductions

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Killtech
greetings,

my name is Matthias and i'm from Germany.

i started playing clonk not long ago with clonk endeavor. actually a friend of mine forced me into this game against my will but with time i fell in love with it. that happened in the moment when i discovered the editor... and what it was all able to do. since i'm experienced c++ programmer i had no problems with learning how to modify things... and over a year a the whole content i modded together with my friends grew to a really huge size basically rewriting lot of the concept of the original game. however we never uploaded our mod anywhere because it originally contained some work of other people (which was nearly completely rewritten in the end except for the original graphics).

and anyway without a tutorial probably most clonk players might have been unable find their way in our scenarios/mod. basically we made the game a cooperative only game-play in very challenging scenario settings that needed at least 50 hours of teamwork to complete. however game fun was always limited due to the fact that the games performance suffered considerably on large maps with lots of objects... the engine simply wasn't build for that.

so i was glad to see that clonk is still developed. and i am considering returning to modding this game again.
do you look for some helping hands?