Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Personal Introductions

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Killtech
hmm... to start i maybe include a picture of our settlement first -
it is a fragment of our 36 hours save game.

our games were very difficult settling scenarios where build up the economy was very challenging and the economy was largely extended. to provide the right challenge our scenarios contained all possible environmental hazards (of which many were added by us). e.g. apart from earthquakes, meteoroids, volcanoes, lightning the settlement in picture is above a large ocean with many sharks in it and there are also crows flying around harassing clonks (note: our crows could pass bridges. btw. elevators, water and clonks could pass too). the crows also could enter buildings and eat all stored food (and also heal themselves). another challenge was that ceilings of lose materials like earth could come down and needed to be supported with beams. and we introduced groundwater: tunnels below the water level sources of dripping groundwater were created slowly filling all deep tunnels with water. so either you had pumps running all the time or you needed to seal off the walls with pitch. some changes were made to render winter and freezing water much more difficult to handle. changes to digging to always produce excavated material - sounds not much but it made creating new tunnels much more complicated. buildings took damage and trees got chopped if their fundament was undermined. chopped trees also slowly visibly decay (they were added seasonal graphics too thus a chopped tree goes as it is->autumn->burned->pile of earth).

the scenarios were designed in such a fashion that you needed most of the stuff that was in the game. and it contained apart from the normal clonk elements we included all stuff from the clonk rage far worlds that fit into the concept.

the economy was extended by fuel to power e.g. submarines or drilling hammers, food system to acquire new clonks, seeds for reforestation, coins for the completely reworked trading system, alchemy ingredients for spell casting (but you needed to produce magic clonks and alchemy bags first), copper for conductors, all kinds of weapons to protect against animals, several magical resources to produce some helpful items like amulet for flying and magic bag (extend clonk inventory to by +10), potions, pitch for sealing walls, corals for underwater buildings (just taken from far worlds), a lot of electricity buildings as we reworked the old system, resource requirements for explosives were changed so that one needed much more different and harder to acquire resources to produce better explosives, torches to against counteract the fog of war, silos and refineries as an extended system for chemical factories dealing with fluids, vehicle upgrades (e.g. inventory extension for lorries or magic wight reduction)...

we made also many changes in the interface and handling. for example lorries could be switched to show their content (see screen shot) and you could display all the lines connected to one building and pick a specific one. as for the handling we made many improvements to the bridge elements that made them an essential part of any settlement (elevators and clonks could pass through but they still could be used normally). and also a lot of other things i don't remember right now.

... i think i'll upload the mod on ccan after all. it lacks any tutorial to or description of all its features... but well. better then just let it unused on my hard drive.