Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Introducing: the Railway!

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut

> You can't simply ignore the landscape.

That's another question. This is actually what you have to watch for: that there's nothing in the way. A lorry bumping into anything solid results in the lorry falling off. So your enemy can jam your system with loam.

> Seriously though, your system also has no priorities.

Yes, because what the lorry does is the automation of what the clonk already in CR. When you want to produce a sword at the anvil, the AutoProduct functionality fills the clonk with commands: acquire hot metal -> find forge -> acquire burning material and metal -> wood & metal -> find sawmill -> chop tree -> etc.
The other possibility is that you select your sawmill and give the command "deliver wood to point x" where x is some other building on the network. Then you have the full control over what's happening and the lorry itself decides where to drop things off.

> Maybe we could just make concrete more useful here...?

This prevents you from what I want to avoid: not be able to further develop the landscape / your mine whereever you want to without having to reform your network.