Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW

> Corn / Grain

Well, the problem is what it should be good for. If we're going for actual farming, we are talking quite a lot of time investment. That must have powerful end results in order to be worth it. Otherwise it won't be compatible to other game elements and will end up as a mini-game again. Just healing Clonks probably won't cut it...

> The idea behind this is that gold is a horrible cash cow. Blow up and be rich.

Is that a bad thing? I don't think we should put too much effort into forcing complexity into everything. We could go the "gold statue" way: Make gold bars have quite a bit more worth. I actually like the proposal for giving the foundry more stuff to do alone.

> Fungus / Mushrooms

Hm, we already have crystals for the "magic" part, and I doubt we'd want to drop it. And the food thing is already weak enough as it is, we don't need another resource filling that role.

> Moss

Hard-to-aquire fuel? Hm. It would have to burn for a long time to make it worth all that drying...