Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to AlteredARMOR
My argument was not "conceptual" but rather "representational". (The most stupid part about it is that I did not want to argue or prove anything)

We already have "some" material which has its deposits lying underneath the earth. It can be blasted by explosives and delivered as a chunks to the home base. Then it can be processed in foundry to become a valuable resource. Your idea was to indroduce another "tier" of production process.

Compare the following:
Iron ore ---(blast)---> Ore chunks ---(smelt)---> Metal bars ---(build)---> Some edifice
Gold ore(pure gold) ---(blast)---> Ore chunks(gold nuggets) ---(smelt)---> Pure gold(gold bars) ---(sell)---> PROFIT!

You wanted to have this additional processing step to restrict gold ore chunks from being sold right away (as is) but ONLY after additional processing (refinement). I completely agree with this idea of yours (the only difference between your vision and my vision is the one depicted with small font :-).

So there is probably nothing left to discuss.

P.S. Sorry for being such a wimp