Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources II

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
Just some stuff to throw in:

>Flour: Find / crop some corn, use the sickle and you will get the seeds. Carry to the mill and you will have splendid meal.

Let's say we have "cotton" that can be used to produce cloth. Why would we not use this "cotton" as the ressource for flour, too? Just as an alternative production line. That would save the player a lot of hassle for something as basic as food (since he would have to plant the crops anyway)

>Little blast: More or less a spell.

It could always be a Flare (item from the chemical lab) with the exact same visuals, behavior and ingredients just without being called "spell" ;).
Also that would save us a building @ "We may think of some buildings which combine production of cats to lessen the number"

>Dried moss: The cheap fuel. Just harvest with the sickle, let it dry, use it.

Can't we use the sword instead of the new item "sickle" there? That would save us an item (thus easier interface and more accessible gameplay) and it would make the sword (and it's production building) useful in settlement scenarios without enemies :)
I don't think we should introduce new items for every minor task when we can use existing ones, too! (just think of the sword as a huge knife, that is used for every cutting you could need in the game! :)  )

I am all for using stuff we already have wherever it is appropriate, not more to criticise, though