Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources II

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
Good work, agree with most of it.

> We may think of some buildings which combine production of cats to lessen the number.

I would actually favor doing the opposite. You only have to build buildings once, they are smaller now, and probably cheaper and easier to build. Nothing speaks against having a few more of them.

For powerful stuff we might even consider having a building that allows access to only one product - say airship factory? That might save us from having to implement research for quite some time!

> Big mushroom / Dried moss

Hm, the whole vegetation stuff seems a bit vague to me right now. How about breaking it down by biome:
* Sky: Trees (-> wood, fuel?), bushes (-> wood? food? fuel?), grass/corn (cloth, food, fuel?)
* Tunnel: Mushrooms (-> magic, wood?), moss (-> fuel, cloth)
* Water: See weed (-> food, fuel, cloth?)
* Lava: Magma weed ( phat magic? ;) )

Still lots of question marks.

Right now I'm especially not a fan of moss. It seems very close to mushrooms (why not just use shrooms for fuel? Hey, it's magic!), needs a special tool (sickle) and a long-winded production process (drying), plus I can't picture how it would even look like in the first place. I suppose like grass, but underground?