Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources II

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
Huh, that's quite a few very different arguments.
1. This is a question of balancing, realism is optional. If a bamboo is about as useful as a bow, they should have the same price.
2. Note that Minecraft & co have inventories so large you can build entire cities from them. I think this is a plus for open-world games.
3. Huh, long shot. Not sure we can seriously say anything about that before we try it. But note that I only want to reduce transport complexity, not production complexity. If trees give less wood, you'd still have to push the same number of trees to your sawmill. And I'd rather have it derive its value from that rather than from the need to throw it around for half a decade.
4. You can't weaken buying as a concept - yes, maybe this will have us end up somewhat lower prices, but how is that a problem?