Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Lift Tower and rope

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
I have made a 'lift tower' (in Tests.ocf/Experimental.ocd/LiftTower.ocd). The model I took from the forum somewhere. By interacting (careful you can grab it as well) you get a rope with a hook on the end. This hook  can be hooked on to every C4D_Vehicle. If you then grab the tower and press up you pull in the rope. I thought this to be a nice way of transportation. Maybe connecting lift towers will be possible.

It is in experimental because I failed to make good use of the rope. The applied force is incapable of proper pulling. Nonetheless I wanted to have some feedback on this. If no one likes the idead, it won't invest more time on it.

Regarding the rope, I have a question more or less directed at Randrian. Are you willing to polish the rope so it fits the task?
I will have a look at the code but understanding it will certainly take long. At least this week and next weekend I will be busy. So far, the applied force is unsufficient of pulling something in most of the times. And reconnecting the rope to another object wasn't possible. I had to create a new one every time. This horribly fails when there is material inbetween the objects.