Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Clonk style guide

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Oh wow, welcome to our community, Fungiform!

I am a little late with my reply, basically: What he said. There has already been a few discussions on how we want to go with the overall style, the main direction being a somewhat kludgy, steam/clockpunky & invention/device-like look.

However, I think the current document by Clonkonaut could use some rewriting as most of it currently reads more like an analysis of what we have now. Also, in the past we have been occupying ourselves more with having the models (~that fit the style) at all. So you bring up a valid point by saying that the models also need a consistent look in terms of size (also in the width of the wooden beams, the bricks etc.)

And by the way, I really like the design of your sketches!

Now, of course we already got a lot of models so to resize and modify/enhance them would be of course the reasonable thing to do. If you want to fiddle around with it, you could start by checking out the resources repository (ask if you don't know how). Most of the models are in the blender format.

P.S: So, what are you doing in Thailand?