Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic The league code

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
I guess you mean the protection against people mass-uploading bogus references with racial slurs? Right now the OC master server simply hopes that nobody cares about it enough for that to happen again, but I guess when that time comes we'll have to start shipping binaries with magic bits in it. Until that point we'll do without it, for simplicity.

The tricky bit is opening the code, which at this point requires an okay from matthes, which is far from certain. Random idea: If we promised to start running the remains of the CR league as well, matthes would probably be okay with it. Would have the advantage that we wouldn't need to maintain two equivalent league systems, and would maybe allow for some innovation on both sides. Also would allow us to access the CR key DB for falling back to something secure. Still feels like a strange solution though.