Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Concept Art] Mining Drill for robust materials

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
One comment about the pickaxe:

Currently I dislike the pickaxe most of all of the items we have. The pickaxe is incredibly strong and we balance it by making the item boring and annoying to use. The only reason why you don't do all your mining with the pickaxe is because you would probably quit the game before you were done because it's just so dull.

My suggestion would be to make the pickaxe not create any material ever. It's a great tool to get rid of single pixels somewhere or to quickly get through a layer of rock or for precise deconstruction - it has never been a well-designed tool for mining.
The strengths of the pickaxe stay, but noone is ever tempted to having to spend annoying time extracting resources with the pickaxe. When we have large crystals or gems that can be found in caves, the pickaxe would get the second application to mine those - they could not be mined with explosives, though!

The drill now is an interesting design, but we have to be careful what to do with it.
One idea I am not unhappy with would be to let the drill consume power (items can currently consume power!). That would mean that you are the boss in your base and can terraform whatever you please, but no luck outside! [I would also not let it create resources and make it take a lot of power, but make the drilling really fast!]