Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Grafiker-Kernteam

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Maikel
Ich reagiere mal auf Englisch, mit folgender Begründung: auch die Grafische Entwicklungen sollten auf Englisch stattfinden meiner Meinung nach.

First of all work on unifying the graphics style is highly appreciated. In my opinion this is best done in a small team (of which I am not part). I think a few important things to consider are to provide a framework where also members outside that team can contribute, and more importantly always get feedback on the graphics created during the process, it would bad if we are in a situation where at the end we have a consistent set of graphics which only a small fraction of the community likes. But I trust that with your expertise that won't happen.

Regarding forum opinion, we usually work according to the concept: the one who does the work decides, but since here you are building on top of existing work I would say that also constructive feedback by OC-contributers should be taken seriously, as far as the rest of the community you should definitely let your artistic freedom prevail. Actually let that always prevail, as long as you feel that a majority favors it.

Whether you use a repository on github, a branch here it doesn't really matter I would say, as long as you (the small team) feels confident with using that method. Also we release irregularly which means we can release when you are done, since graphics overhaul is definitely a good reason to release :)

All in all I am very positive regarding your ideas.