Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Grafiker-Kernteam

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Ann
i tried to make a quick translation, for the ones that dont speak german at all
maybe its not the best translation, and a bunch of spelling errors, but it should be understandable

the big post from Nachtfalter:

-------------------------
Style
the mainproblem as seen on Matthis post is, that buldings are not really divid from the landscape, and that they all look so differend.
(this is not ann offence to the creators of the buldings, since most of them are placeholders as Zapper assumed)
we try to get a final thing, wich can be seen as an orientation for us and other graphic artist and also looks good, what will bring more ppl eventually.

• in generall, we would like to try it with painted textures, as matthi linked on this links (Polycount Forum TF2 and Hand-Painted Wells) torchlight2,wow and zelad would also some other examples for drawn textures. Fungifrom said that dark not so intense colors could be used for the landscape, ligther and more intense colors for the buildings. and kinda extreme colors for the UI elements, since this should look unnatural.

<b/w image>

The current graphics in black/white:
Alot is not visible and goies just under.

• we wannt to keep, that the buldings look like improved, but also we would like to see the functions/sense of the building, place some cogs and stuff to fit the clonkpunk style, fungifroms windmill is a very nice example how form and function fits togheter, in this process there will be likely alot of templates, planks, cogs, wheels etc, die any upcomming graphic artist could be use.

• Proportions: Fungiform is drawing a clonk into his concept artworks, maybe he like to say something about this.

• Technical: antoher option would be to use the engine to add some Ambient Occlusion or EdgeHighlligthing to add a light outline, just a small gif sample

<gif>

• Polycount: should get alot attention (since a bee dont need like 400 Triangles), but round shapes should be round, Zappse said, there is a loot room without bothering the performance.
Sprits only where it makes sence (trees, leaves and such stuff)

What we will do next:
perhabs Writing something in googledocs, a concept for the basic objects, wich will include the flag (i.e. an object wich marks the border and spread energy), the furnace (melt metal etc), sawmill (better woodcutting), windweel and toolcreation. maybe we go also into Dynamit, someone said that flints maybe better, since dynamite can be kinda "boring" (care about the " sing!).

we will place it here for a discuss if we happy with it, after this we will try to work this branch out.

What we may need:
an communicative playgorund, as best in form of a seperated forum area, where we can make a thread for each object, would this be possible newton?

Tasks:
Fungiform: concept/scetchs, maybe textures
Matthi: concept/scetchs, maybe textures
Nachtfalter: Modelling, textures
Andriel: Modelling
Dragonclonk: textures

_____

plz tell me if i forgot something.
-------------------------

edit, oh i just saw the external branch xD
im not so into the the branch stuff yet on this forum :D
so i did not saw someone made a translation allready.