Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Model] New Buildings!

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to pluto

>Wait, what? I don't really get the point you are trying to make - is it something like "Well the player creations are going to mess up graphic consistency anyway, so we shouldn't even try!"? I sure hope not, but I can't extract any other point from that statement.

Sorry for the foolish English! However, you got the point. I really like some of the old buildings, and somehow some of them already fit together nicely. I mean, not all of them are that good and that well fitting together, but some of them were only created for beeing a "dummy" or lets say as "not-beeing-the-final-model" Of course these ones should get remodeled sooner or later. Retexturing the good ones following a guidline woul'd have been a good alternative instread of remodel everything. So to work on a texture guidline, some examples first could have saved a lot effort.

This had some advantages:
1) Saving time
2)new buildings from other authors will fit in easier because yes! there are some little inconsitencies, but they are fine, they are good, and they are a part of beeing a project with free and sometimes spontanous contributions by single authors. Anyway little changes can be done if necessary, to keep "inconsistency" at a minimum level, but I dont think will be.
3) The project must not and should not have to rely on a single chief-executive-designer

You're right, this arguementation is a bit to late anyway.