Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Request Feedback] Heavy resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Pyrit

>Three for all is equally good.

What if it randomly spawns chunks of let's say 3 distinguishable sizes. A big chunk contains 4 items of the material, a middle one 3, and a small one only 2. All would reduce the physics of the clonk (mainly walking speed, throwing distance and jump height) depending on their size.

>Firestone

It would be cool if huge firestone-chunks had a really really big and unpredictable explosion radius. So It is really dangerous to mine with them, especially when you can only throw them a few pixels far. You could still mine with them, but it would make it more attractive for layers to produce special mining equipment like handpiece-big firestones or dynamite in the chemlab.
Of course you could still use huge firestone chunks with a catapult to nuke enemy bases. :)

>Snow

I want to build a snowclonk with big chunks of snow! \o/

>3.

I think you should only throw big chunks a few pixels far. Because of the firestone idea I wrote above, but also for logical reasons.
Also walking speed should be lowerd drastically.
Jumping: maybe a few pixels high.
In water you should be able to walk around on the ground, that would be funny. :)
And no scaling and hangling when carrying. The only way for obstacles is an elevator (wich is the most useless building atm), or a ropetower, or convayorbelts, or something.
Lorries could contain up to 10 chunks and because of wheels you can push and transport them much faster than carriyng manually.