Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Request Feedback] Heavy resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Matthias
A chunk as minimum material requirement sounds rather much, but then again, You don't need tools like the hammer in large quantities; And in a sense, they are very powerful.
But I'm not a fan of having different resources being handled differently. "ok this is a large metal beam, but because I use it to build tools and it has one production tier more, I can carry it, but I can't easily carry the rock, because.. uh.."

Just a though here: We also might consider making the "small objects" a unit. So a chunk of rock would still be "worth" "5 Stones", but could not actually be split into objects. But feeding it into a production building would add "5 stone" to its available production material. It's very similar to how gold works in Clonk Rage: "Object-Gold" is worth 5 "Money-Gold". Getting those out of production buildings again might be tricky, but in the first stage we can simply not allow it. I would then apply this to all the resources we have. So a wooden beam is worth 5 wood, a metal beam is worth 5 metal, etc pp. this would allow for "smaller" production requirements.