Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Magic Menu

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>Zapper, can i use your magic staff and some spell from your object to include in my "magic system"?

Yes, you can use everything you want.
But I did not create the two sounds and the graphics of the two test spells and I don't know where those came from.

> And about the openclonk new control system, a menu without keyboard don't is more compatible?

I think a CR style combo system is very fast if you have a lot of spells. In my system, every spell has two or three activation modi depending on how you use it:
The force field creates a wall on click. It creates a short piece of force field below you when tapping [down] and when holding [down] to full charge, it creates a circle around you.

And most of the spells interact with each other: when you shoot an ice ball with a lightning, it turns into an ice sword!
My plan was to have a slightly slower magic system (where you charge spells) but allow for a lot of different combos with different spells.

PS: I did not test your magic system yet, so I don't know how it feels :)