Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic 7.0 - Release Planning

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut
Happy New Year everyone!

Obviously, we failed to reach Maikel's ideal release date but I would really like to wrap things up now.

I'd appreciate everyone involved in current development to state if there's anything you are currently working on that you consider a release blocker (must be finished before a release). In doing so, please also consider if parts of your stuff can be done by someone else who does not have such vital things to do (I volunteer). Write down every task.

The roadmap's at 81%. Please also say if there are any bugs left you consider release blocking as well. If these are not targeted for 7.0, please do so. I will once again rigorously go over the roadmap and close or move bugs.

Two bugs I would like to have opinions on are these:

0001529: Disable splitscreen
0001530: Cannot jump when on upward moving platform

There are two very important topics for the upcoming release one of which I am clear on and one not:

Gamepad support

The upcoming release will not feature gamepad controls. We should prominently point this out, even consider deactivating the possibility to select gamepad in the options at all!

Mac Support

There have been issues with OS X in general. From my understanding because of some OpenGL features we use, Mac users were unable to run the game at all. This is unacceptable for a release, to drop support for a whole operating system. I would like an update on how this situation might be improved. I consider this release blocking.