Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Problems when playing Splitscreen with Controller

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Anonymous
Hello,

I tried to play OpenClonk with my little brother yesterday. I was playing with keyboard and mouse while he was playing with gamepad (he used an XBoxOne controller). We had several problems and tried both the stable release and the last development snapshot.

In the stable release:
We were not able to play in Splitscreen. We tried the Guardians of the Windmill scenario. I could control my Clonk with keyboard without problems, but if he used the sticks of the Xbox-controller to walk he opened the game menu on my screen. His clonk didn't move and no menus were opened on his screen.
We were also not able to change the controll keys for the gamepad in the options menu.

In the development snapshot:
It was also not possible to play splitscreen with the dev snapshot. I could control my Clonk with the keyboard without problems, but when he used the sticks of the Xbox-controller, his clonk didn't move. However, if he pressed the buttons on the controller, his Clonk did react, e.g. it shot with the bow. All buttons did work, but he couldn't walk.
We were also not able to change the controll keys for the gamepad in the options here, too.

We tried the controller in singleplayer mode both with the stable release and the dev snapshot. In singleplayer, there were no problems with the XBox-controller and everything worked well (walking, jumping, shooting ...). There were also no problems in singleplayer with keyboard and mouse. So this seems to be some bug with splitscreen?

If it helps you, we also do have an about 15 years old Microsoft gamepad (looks like this one). When we use that one to play OpenClonk in singleplayer, it doesn't work to move, but when pushing the buttons, the clonk shoots, jumps etc.

We were playing on Windows 7 64bit. I would have put this in the bugtracker, but I have really no idea how to post there.