Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Open Clonk 7: feedback

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut

> Interaction menu: It seems that the contents menu is also called interaction menu sometimes.

That's completely Zapper's fault for breaking naming schemes!!!

> Every time I use it the GUI completely blocks everything on screen. I would like to see what is going on.

The game doesn't tell you (*cough*) but there is a minimise button in the lower right of the menu. Of course, you can't access everything from the minimised menu but maximising is no problem!

> Digging & Hangling

Yes, it seems we have to do something about those actions. I guess the 'why' it is like that is obvious, it somehow fits the animations and was a try to be more realistic. But gameplay-wise it is true that slowing down your character for no good reason, even making it less nimble(!), is a bad idea.

> Chopping & Digging

I'm reluctant to have anything lock the clonk in a certain state (like click at x,y and the clonks digs until there or click tree and the clonks chops until chopped). Not only is this error-prone (stucking permanently in a certain state) but it is a slight contradiction to your previous issue: not having full control over the clonk at all times. You'd need some kind of cancel button.
Games with a similar control scheme than clonk (to my knowledge) also don't seem to take this path. In Terraria / Minecraft, you also have to hold down the mouse button to mine / chop trees