Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Alternate components

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala
Since this was discussed as a feature wish at the beginning of the milestone:

In the milestone the basic idea was that the CR-like structures "Bamboo hut, wood hut, stone hut" all share the same blueprint. That would also apply to palisades and castle parts, and a gold and a stone idol. The idea was to avoid awkward moments in CR: where you had 4 wood and a stone for a wood hut, but accidently build a stone hut, and had to resign. Buildings gets a bit more flexible. OC doesn't have any of those at the moment.

However I could imagine some use, for example:

-high teer items needing either a emerald or a ruby (or diamond).
-Clothing parts (diving helmet, balloon) needing either cotton or animal fur.
-buildings in different strength modifiers, bridge segments out of  wood and lets say segments out of metal
-the mentioned ice instead of water in a blueprint also sounds logical to me

In that regard OC would gain a bit more freedom something I would like to support.

However I agree with you, that things should be kept simple. So that should be a high priority in the code and the UI if the feature is created.