Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Dmyst is done with OC

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Matthias
Well, let's be fair here:
* If you plan to contribute to the core game, you ARE a game dev: You want to create reusable assets like a game dev, you want your stuff to go into the version control like a game dev, you want others and yourself to be able to work with your content later on like a game dev. And as such, you wont get anywhere far in terms of contributing without using git.
* If you plan to just make your own maps and packs, you would possibly consider yourself what is a "modder" in other communities, or a "content creator" in what might be steam workshop or something. And here, you speak the truth: Our tools may not very newbie-friendly.
I find myself just passing models and textures to others, because I just don't want to bother with working out the newest quirk of the blender exporter. There is other stuff which is still a bit rough around the edges, sure, but there are also efforts to create IDEs for a more comfortable workflow, most notably windmill. You could join them and contribute some positive and constructive ideas to their existing projects.