Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Dmyst is done with OC

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>I didn't know that you have put hundreds of hours into making it easier

Yes, I do realize this. But if you also know that you can't actually see everything, you should reconsider phrasing your 'opinion' in a way that is clearly unfriendly. (That works like that in real life too, by the way.).

>Why do I need to use git to get to the content?

Don't forget that what you want is not the "content". You can download the content in a .zip file if you want.
What you want is the raw development material, which you could not get at all in CR. It's under version control (in a git repos), because that has worked best for the people who work with that for the last 7 years or so.
That doesn't mean it cannot be changed. It just means that you are the first one in half a decade to find that to be a blocker.

By the way, you are right about the graphics stuff being not as tidely organized as the code stuff. That's because we did not have a team of reliable artists during the last years (but we HAD a team of reliable scripters and engine coders).
Organization takes time. And if noone is there who actually needs the organization (as it has been for the last 7 years), it's unlikely that someone starts caring about that.
ala (and shadow) tried taking on that part for a bit in the last year btw. A lot of good things came from that. Sadly still no reliable artist :)