Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic OC Editor Stream

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Luchs

>I find it odd to have functionalities in an editor that experienced developers wouldn't use because they seem too cumbersome but which should be used by newbies.

I think there is potential to make the editor work well even for experienced developers. The great thing about working with the editor is that you never have to restart. Everything you change is immediately there to try out.

It would be great if regular Clonk development could be more like that. There is already some support for reloading scripts, but it's not very useful for developing scenarios (for example, the scenario script isn't reloaded).

Reloading scripts while keeping state is clearly a hard problem, but maybe the editor could have some built-in restricted editing facilities?