Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basic functionality for switches

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Sven2
The editor itself has a common interface called "EditorActions", which control the action buttons you get when selecting an object (e.g. for opening and closing gates).

There's also "triggers". They are all fields that derive from UserAction.Prop and they allow you to do the point-and-click editor "scripts".

At the moment, you cannot connect EditorActions with triggers. It would be possible to allow that, but I decided against it because most of the object actions have parameters. I think you will run into the same problem with a switch library. Realistically, you will only be able to connect doors to switches, and everything else will need some custom script.

Of course it would make sense to have a Library_Switch, so at least all doors can be connected to all switches.