Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basic functionality for switches

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
Speaking of wires - that could be comcomfortabled with something like the telegraph from the western pack?

Yes, an and-gate, or-gate, etc. would be a separate object, and that is one thing that I don't like. You either need one object that has a good interface for selecting/changing its functionality, or you spam the construction menu.
Additionally these structures should be relatively cheap, so that you can build them easily.

Is there a conveyor belt already? I think there was one in Clonkraria, and there is the cable car.

Still, is there a situation where you want to build 5 muskets (yes, it was an example) repeatedly when operating a switch? Seems unlikely. Firestones more likely, and it would be neat to have them delivered to your mine automatically.
So, if we want a conveyor system it should help deliver materials to the individual factories, with a demand-based sorting mechanism maybe?

Another obstacle is how to make this comfortable to use. By the time you built 5 conveyor belts you'd already have mined a coal deposit manually and then the belts become useless.