Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basic functionality for switches

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Marky
Addressed in  order:
* I tested Dark Castle only, once before and once after replacing the call.
* Ok, and the library would then also implement IsSwitchTarget
* Makes sense
* I did not find a useful setup where you'd repeatedly set the same signal. You can do this with the spin wheel, though. It could make sense for a switch target that has multiple states and you can cycle through them or go up/down multiple times. In that case maybe a single callback is better, but the target has a setting for not doing a callback unless the signal changes. Edit: Even that may not be necessary after all.

Regarding the ingame stuff:
* does it make sense to build spin wheels or key pads? The latter only if the player can set a code initially, and if you can lock it again
* we can allow building switches
* what about pressure plates? They are cool, but take up space and a hostile player would suspect that they trigger something when stepping on it
* we'd need switch targets other than the stone door. The igniter comes to mind, what else?