Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Knüppeln! 0.8
1 2 3 Previous Next
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-02-25 15:56
There's a little workaround for that bug. For me it works now when using the new Medals.ocd from ClonkSpot. Then the current snapshot accepts Knüppeln as well.
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2017-02-25 19:20
That bug should be fixed now.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-02-26 09:44
I have added this Champ to the Knueppeln repos, it is still a bit strong, which I think is because of the speed of the shots.
Parent - By Sayned [kz] Date 2017-02-26 11:06 Edited 2017-03-01 12:24
Thank you for adding MLG Man to the mod!

I ran the tests too and I feel like champ requires some player testing instead of relying completely on AI duels - AI is capable of abusing Q's high accuracy with E active which seem to be the reason why champ is rather strong. I'm pretty sure actual players wouldn't be able to use the champ as effectively as AI can. Just like snipers with aimbot in shooters have almost no counterplay, I imagine this case is similar. I will see what I can do though, I think that through tuning E champ could become a lot more fair (possibly tuning Q cooldown time is a good idea too)
Parent - - By Sayned [kz] Date 2017-03-01 12:33
Found quite a few massive issues with MLG Man:

First: AI casts E (Mountain Brew) ignoring it's cooldown. Which effectively gives AI MLG Man inifite mana and 100% accuracy on his Q.

Second: After a few changes that were made to Q (Spray and Pray) code. I don't mind the changes, but it screwed up Q quite a bit. After these changes Q inaccuracy/spread debuff stopped stacking unless E was active, which defeats the purpose of E as a spell.

A few changes for SprayAndPray.ocg/Script.C, only affecting Launch() function:

var inaccuracy_amount = 0;

Context: I believe that Q should be rather precise and have 0 angle offset if E is active or the Clonk didn't use the spell for a while. This is an optional change though, if you think there should be angle offset, then keep it.

clonk->CreateEffect(FxInaccuracy,100,1,this.CoolingTime);

Context: I removed the condition, which is the reason why FxInaccuracy didn't apply with every shot Clonk made - this is a necessary change, you could tweak the condition if you want, but it's really optional. Getting 10 stacks of FxInaccuracy at the same time seem to be impossible. Also, even if someone will somehow get 10 stacks of FxInaccuracy, it's not a big deal.

Lastly, could be a massive coincedence, but seems like left AI on ChampRankings.ocs tends to win more than right one.
MLG Man will still stay quite strong as AI even after these changes, but I still think that before nerfing him further, some player testing should be done
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-03-01 14:31 Edited 2017-03-01 14:34
I will look at these problems and fix them as soon as possible, but not today.

>Lastly, could be a massive coincedence, but seems like left AI on ChampRankings.ocs tends to win more than right one.

MLG Man will still stay quite strong as AI even after these changes, but I still think that before nerfing him further, some player testing should be done

This is because the stronger man always starts on the left, you can put the MLGMan last in the array and see what happens.
Parent - - By Sayned [kz] Date 2017-03-01 19:54 Edited 2017-03-01 19:58
Actually I ran a few MLG Man vs Balls Man duels switching their side each game and Balls Man won more when he was on left side. (I believe the numbers were 5/5 when Balls Man was left and 7/3 when MLG Man was left, numbers could be incorrect because I ran the test a few days ago and didn't memorize them well)

Anyway, It could be a massive coincedence, as I said. I should probably run a lot more tests before making any conclusions
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-03-02 09:11
That is not a massive coincidence, that is normal and expected and not statistically significant at all.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-03-01 18:28
I fixed these issues, thanks for spotting them. You can rerun the test and see what happens, I think the MLGMan is now quite a bit weaker indeed which is good in my opinion.
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-02-24 23:20
As already shown on ClonkSpot I'm working on a Moba-type of map. The map is playable already, but some tweaking and finetuning is still needed.

Minions run and battle on two lanes. Towers are shooting balistic projectiles.
Attachment: Screenshot285.png (1379k)
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-02-25 20:00

Early alpha stage of the Moba Map. Already playable, but incomplete.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Knüppeln! 0.8
1 2 3 Previous Next