Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Underwater Grabbing, Rolling and CarryHeavy Collection
- - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2017-03-23 13:35
Some time ago I made an aquaclonk (based on the normal clonk) who can walk and scale under water. So far, everything works fine, except three things:

Grabbing objects, rolling and carryheavy collection while walking on the ocean floor don't work (instead the clonk always starts to swim), and I didn't find any function in the clonk-included libraries which blocks underwater interaction in this cases.
So I'm not sure if I missed the relevant script lines or if it is defined somewhere else. InLiquidAction ActMap stuff is already deactivated.

Any suggestions how to make these three things possible?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-03-23 14:19
Regarding rolling, I would disable that underwater completely. It would look very stupid if the clonk would do that.

Regarding the other points, it is hard to tell what goes wrong. Do you have the scripts somewhere?
Parent - - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2017-03-24 16:08
Yeah I agree. Underwater rolling might really look stupid.

For the other two points I found a solution(but thank you nonetheless):
Instead of deleting the line "InLiquidAction" for the Actions "Stand" and "Push", simply setting them to  "InLiquidAction=Stand" and "InLiquidAction=Push" seems to work completely fine.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-03-24 16:14
Cool, it might be nice as well to have the normal clonk behave like this if he wears a pair of diving boots and the diving helmet.
Parent - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2017-03-24 16:32 Edited 2017-03-24 16:35
I tried 2 different variants for underwater behaviour. (for water breathing hydroclonks, but would be a bit similar to every clonk who spends longer play time under water)
1) Similar to Aquaclonk/Hydroclonk in CR. Normal swimming im water and ContactCalls to start walking, or scaling when touching floor or walls under water.
    Feels somewhat slow unless having increased swimming speed, because the clonk needs material to stand on to use all his tools.
2) Clonk sinks slowly in water like the Metal&Magic skeleton, So he can walk, jump and use tools/weapons. A special key (for testing purposes the Clonk Change R key, but perhaps something like ControlUpDouble would be better) toggles between sinking mode and swimming mode. I like this behavior a lot more, feels like the ocean floor is normal land, with the extra ability to swim upwards.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Underwater Grabbing, Rolling and CarryHeavy Collection