Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-07-07 01:25
2040 burning pieces coal.

I hereby license the file Screenshot049.png under the CC-BY license
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-07-07 07:34
Now try to explode 2040 firestones!
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-07-07 11:17
I don't think that's a sound idea!
Parent - - By Fulgen [at] Date 2017-07-07 08:34
Maybe the coal in this area should extinguish itself.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-07-07 09:25
That is a bit of overkill, you just need to wait 30 seconds and all is gone. The really annoying thing in my opinion is that the engine crashes when you have firestone fore and background material and explode that. So you can't have an infinite source of explosives (apart from the flagpole).
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-07-07 11:17
You can of course have a simple scripted solution like a chest which gets refilled.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-07-07 14:09
Since we had no problem in our round and the meteors can be telegloved as explosives I think it is fine as is.
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-08-24 23:58
Shadorrrs!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyl4hywdws6ncvp/NVEExport.0009.mp4?dl=0

Finally we can have cool shaders in the sky!

Btw Thanks to Kanibal for implementing all the cool features which were needed for this to work!
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-10-13 00:11
Rapid Refining with marko10_000

I hereby license the file Screenshot339.jpg under the CC-BY license
- - By Caesar [de] Date 2018-01-10 01:40
We just tried acid gold mine on insane difficulty. We ended up with too little gold and coal.
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2018-01-10 12:06
Some notes from that round:

- Having your tools burn away after dipping into lava was very frustrating. Thankfully Sven fixed that now.

- I think the scenario is currently too difficult on Insane. It's very likely that the volcanoes destroy too much gold before you can get there, making winning impossible. The game doesn't notify you when that happens, you just end up with too little gold after mining everything three hours in.

- Items are deleted near the bottom of the map. This is probably okay in a normal round, but on Insane, you also have to get the gold near the bottom and it's impossible to pump that free. (I deleted that effect once we realized it was impossible to get the gold otherwise)

- I wish there was some way to get new Clonks other than rejoining. Buying is not an option in Acid Gold Mine - you don't have any gold most of the game and there isn't any to spare once you get some.

Pumps:

- I wish the pipe would just stop moving at its maximum length instead of breaking. I think running short a little bit and having to work around that would be more fun than having to re-wire everything again.

- I'd like to have some way to connect pumps.  You currently have to build a bridge kit box which isn't great for maintenance. Maybe a small building you can connect pipes to?

- Apparently the "disconnect pipe" menu of the pump is somewhat confusing. In our round, different people disconnected the wrong side multiple times (i.e. you want to disconnect the input but accidentally disconnect the output). Maybe the buttons in the menu could be color-coded like the pipes?

Other:

- Repair costs are ridiculous. Our heavily damaged Steam Engine demanded 6 metal and 1 rock (build costs: 3 metal, 6 rock). Some basements demanded 5 rock to repair (build costs: 2 rock).

- Building multiple layers of basements is very ineffective against meteorites because the explosion always hits two layers at once.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-01-10 15:08
Good points!

> - I think the scenario is currently too difficult on Insane. It's very likely that the volcanoes destroy too much gold before you can get there, making winning impossible.

Insane in my opinion means it is almost impossible, how many players were you? I agree that it is annoying if there is not enough gold and that should somehow be prevented.

> - I wish the pipe would just stop moving at its maximum length instead of breaking. I think running short a little bit and having to work around that would be more fun than having to re-wire everything again.

Would be very strange, if they float mid-air.

> - I'd like to have some way to connect pumps.  You currently have to build a bridge kit box which isn't great for maintenance. Maybe a small building you can connect pipes to?

That would be a liquid tank of some sorts?
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2018-01-10 16:13

> Would be very strange, if they float mid-air.

Not really. They'd just dangle from the ceiling.

The bigger problem is that it requires some kind of "rope physics", and we're pretty bad at that :)
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2018-01-10 17:03

>The bigger problem

Hm, why not copy the one we have?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:41
Because we don't have any.
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2018-01-10 17:44
What about the grappling hook?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:47
That's a sad excuse for something decent. It works weirdly, is extremely inefficient and impossible to maintain. I refuse to call it 'rope physics' and wouldn't want to have it copied around and used more frequently!
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2018-01-10 17:49
Okay. I never look at its implementation. So it's probably something that should be implemented in the engine then for both the grappling hook and (potentially) the pipes.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:51
Feel free to pick up the rope branch anytime! :o
https://git.openclonk.org/openclonk.git/shortlog/refs/heads/rope
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2018-01-10 19:06
That would be so rad
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2018-01-10 17:44
Don't we have "physics" for the rope and for the ladder?
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:47
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2018-01-11 17:30
The CR rope pack?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-11 17:37
Feel free to convert that to OC!
Parent - - By Fulgen [at] Date 2018-01-11 18:15
Oh, please not. Have you ever played Sky Mayhem? Example: Connect a rope to a stone and a cannon, shoot the rock, watch how the cannon gets shot with the rope ô.O
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2018-01-13 13:03
That sounds like physically correct behaviour (given the assumption of unbreakable, infinitely stretchable rope…). Worse though: Tie a rock to a clonk, make the rope as short as possible, jump, get hit by the rock and tumble sideways through the entire scenario.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2018-01-14 20:26
Parent - By Maikel Date 2018-01-11 18:16
There is a rope branch which could be finished! That would also help greatly with bridges, graplers, etc.
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2018-01-10 17:43 Edited 2018-01-10 17:47

>Insane in my opinion means it is almost impossible, how many players were you?

We were four players, all fairly experienced. We've beaten Acid Rift on Insane before (with almost the same players). Two players were always maintaining the roof. If you lose on Acid Rift, it's because you didn't protect well enough against acid, meteorites and rock fall. You can do everything perfectly on Acid Gold Mine and still lose, just because the volcanoes randomly destroyed too much gold.

Of course you could argue that we should have been faster mining the gold, but if you're running short after three hours of maintaining the roof, pumping lava, and carefully mining gold, it's pretty frustrating.

The scenarios could also use some indication of relative difficulty. Flooded Veins is doable with two players on Insane (it's probably even possible alone), Acid Rift probably needs at least three and is very hard then and Acid Gold Mine is (almost?) impossible with four players (certainly impossible if you don't rejoin repeatedly).

>Would be very strange, if they float mid-air.

It would be just like real-world pipes? :)

>That would be a liquid tank of some sorts?

Ah yes, a liquid tank would work. Storage isn't required for what I had in mind, though.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:49
The scenario should probably end as soon as you've mined all the remaining gold.
(and yes, this means that you can simply wait for the volcanos to replace all gold - if you do that, you've earned your win!)
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2018-01-10 17:58
or the gold can be growing, like in Gem Grabbers
Parent - - By Anonymous [us] Date 2018-01-10 21:51
I think it would be cool if some volcanoes would create gold and other materials (ore, diamonds) after cooling down.

Maybe as a rule, or even in all scenarios? Then you can create scenarios that have (theoretical) unlimited material respawn just by enabling volcanoes.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-01-11 09:11
I am not sure that would look good, those straight patches of a volcano. I think for acid gold mine, it would be good if there are some patches of gold that are eternal (i.e. with gold background material) that are not overwritten by volcanoes (the background material).
Parent - By Sven2 [us] Date 2018-01-11 16:02
I don't like the "eternal materials" at all. They are incredibly boring to mine and feel just weird.

About the "not looking good" part: It's probably tricky to script them to look good. Maybe the volcanoes could use chunk drawing instead of quad drawing to get a better appearance.

But in any case: They shouldn't look any worse than just having the same ashes material everywhere.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2018-01-10 19:05

>- Repair costs are ridiculous. Our heavily damaged Steam Engine demanded 6 metal and 1 rock (build costs: 3 metal, 6 rock). Some basements demanded 5 rock to repair (build costs: 2 rock).

haha, great :D
I'll have a look
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2018-01-13 13:50
It's because GetProperties still returns everything twice *)..

*) returns names multiple times if they appear multiple times in the hierarchy
Parent - By Maikel Date 2018-01-13 15:30
I added a liquid container structure to the repos that needs some graphics but fixes one of the problems mentioned here. Also added color coding for adding and removing pipes at the pump and other structures.
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-25 23:29
Horrid Highway with Cable Lorries!

Also, a very nice lighting effect!

I hereby license the file Screenshot052.png under the CC-BY license

I hereby license the file Screenshot050.png under the CC-BY license
Parent - By Fulgen [at] Date 2018-01-29 13:13
I personally dislike the station's mesh, it doesn't really fit to the other structures.
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-02-16 03:15
Heart of the Mountain with 5(?) players. I won gloriously.

I hereby license the file Screenshot056.jpg under the CC-BY license
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2018-02-19 21:00
Because you had the spray can that sprays earth? :-p
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2019-02-11 23:32
Rapid Refining. Completed after 3 hours and 21 minutes. Started pumping after preparing the landscape for that for 2 hours.

I hereby license the file Screenshot372.jpg under the CC-BY license
Up Topic General / General / Screenshot Thread the Fourth
1 2 3 Previous Next