Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Mine Rescue - restore power
- - By MadScientist Date 2018-03-13 08:20
Playing "Mine Rescue", Is there a bug or am I missing something or did I miss something in the tutorials but ...

I cannnot restore power and save the miners!, doh!

--- beg of spoilers ---

Bridging the two islands was not too difficult, getting wealthy neither, but the only thing that produce a bit of energy is a pump, but ...
I cannot find a way to kick-start it, Found all the chests, If my little hammer could produce a wind generator or a steam engine that would be nice but not in this world Nancy!

As I detected a possible bug with the catapult - ie does not allow you to climb it with space + W like in the tutorial or the playing ground,

I thought maybe there is something fishy in Denmark, I mean  in "Mine Rescue", I dunno how to repair a broken thingie like a wind generator: try blasting it, luring the bees in a voodoo incantation, drop 10 gold bars to an  invisible god, ...

I thought about combining two pumps but the line break when about to reach the island, so how the heck can I produce darn power likely electricity to power the elevator. Is there a secret recipe of firestones, loams(I cannot produce because could not find or create a bucket
) and rocks I do not know about it?

The only sure thing is I have a lot of fun, and would like to thank you guys so much for so many hours of excitment: swimming with piranhas and be able to talk abougt it ... discovering you have to drag the bloody head all the way back near the pole, priceless! It was hell to reach it but guess what now you have to push it all the way back above acid-lakes and firestone-patches. Thank you to the twisted mind who can generate such agony in the collective mind of clonk-kies or is it clonk-kers and make them talk about it near the fireplace.

Thank you for all the virtual memories.

and giving me a clue for these poor miners who do not talk by the way  ... without using the mighty god: CTL + F5 and /script Create...
which can only satisfy you for a few seconds.

--- end of spoilers ---
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-03-13 08:46
Can't reproduce the bug you describe with the catapult.

Your solution with pumps might really work I think, it would just take a lot of effort to build enough of them. There is an easier way which involves literally connecting the elevator and some of the sky islands.
Parent - - By MadScientist Date 2018-03-13 10:05
Thank you for your quick answer:

Catapult: you are right I cannot reproduce the behavior I was talking about: I could not see Grab Catapult, now I can: I still do not know how to catapult another clonk!

Power: I am surely missing something: I cannot generate power on any of the 5 islands. When you say connect the elevator with some island, connect with what?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-03-13 10:08
With flagpoles I meant (the triangles with your player color indicate where power is available for other structures). To operate the catapult you can put one clonk inside with Space+W and another can grab it and hold the left mouse button, aim and release the left mouse button. Or you can launch yourself with a lower strength with left mouse button.
Parent - - By MadScientist Date 2018-03-13 11:26
Thank you again for your help Maikel, the fact you can daisy-chain flagpoles to bring power has completely escape me, For me there were only places to get bread. :)
Parent - - By Zapper Date 2018-03-13 12:36
You can use any power producer for that! Compensators (the battery thingies) might be even cheaper than flagpoles
Parent - By Maikel Date 2018-03-13 20:10
Indeed, but not available in mine rescue.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2018-03-13 20:11
You are welcome! Actually you showed me a new solution with pumps to this scenario which is nice as well.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Mine Rescue - restore power