Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Debian Package for Ubuntu Jaunty in PPA
- - By bahamada [de] Date 2009-06-06 15:05
Hey Fellows,

I created a debian package for Ubuntu Jaunty and uploaded it to my ppa in launchpad https://launchpad.net/~sebastian-ruehl/+archive/ppa

Only thing you need to do via hand is: mkdir -p ~/.clonk

Have fun... :)
Parent - - By Piranha [de] Date 2009-06-16 16:39
Thanks a lot ;)
Parent - - By bahamada [de] Date 2009-06-17 00:10
no problem... :) Uploaded the latest hg to ppa7 today
Parent - - By frankenstein91 [de] Date 2010-06-27 15:34
do you make a new update?
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-06-27 17:46
I bet he will not...
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-06-28 12:14

>Last online 2010-06-18 19:12

bahamada still visits this forum from time to time.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-06-28 12:43 Edited 2010-06-28 20:13

>Only thing you need to do via hand is: mkdir -p ~/.clonk

why dont you include this command into the installer script?

Edit:
crap, the superuser does not know ~, so you would have to do it via hand anyway.
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2010-06-28 14:01
Because then it would still only work for root.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-06-28 20:11
then you use chmod?
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2010-06-28 20:20
So you want the installer to create a ~/.clonk for every user that exists? And will exist later?
Parent - By Carli [de] Date 2010-06-29 08:12
^^my fault,
openclonk does this on startup for the user who is starting OC
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-06-28 19:38
I'd guess because the installer script shouldn't contain workarounds for bugs that have been fixed already.
Parent - By Carli [de] Date 2010-06-28 20:12
ah, so openclonk itself creates this folder.
Parent - - By bahamada [de] Date 2010-11-03 16:42
Hey Guys,

I just uploading a new Package for Maverick right now...
One bit whats annoying, is that I need to insert the debian control files by hand...
So I would be easier for me and the others if we would put the debian folder into the hg repository.

There are only 5 files that contains dependencies and some debian specific build commands...

For this I need the help of a Developer from Clonk...

I think it should be no Problem to integrate this into ther Repository since there are also other files like the XCODE and so on...

Additionally with this it would be easy for every Ubuntu User to build the Package with just one command...
Parent - - By bahamada [de] Date 2010-11-03 17:15
Ok build succesfully :)

Just a small feedback with something I found in the logs.

dh_shlibdeps
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/openclonk/usr/games/clonk.bin" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dh_gencontrol
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-11-03 18:05
All of these (maybe except librt) will be linked in anyway because they are required by GTK+.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-11-03 18:06
The easiest thing would be if you commit it locally and then provide a patch or a hg bundle.
Parent - - By bahamada [de] Date 2010-11-03 18:53
I talked to Günther and he said that this files should be integrated into the release script repository...

Anyway that it won't get lost... the packages can be found here:
  https://launchpad.net/~sebastian-ruehl/+archive/ppa
There's also the source package available which basically is the hg clone and the Debian folder...
So the relevant files here are located in the Debian folder.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-11-04 14:04
The Windows installer script is currently in the OpenClonk repository. I guess we should move it as well then.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-11-04 14:09
Well, the only reason not to have the Debian files in the repos is that Debian recommends against that. (I think in order to make packaging work easier for Debian developers.) There's no such recommendation for windows stuff.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-11-04 15:10
Uh, what alternative to they suggest? Having the maintainer manage it on his local hard disk? So the whole project gets set back if he does some hackery and then gets hit by a bus? How does this make sense?
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-11-04 17:22
The Debian package information is managed by the Debian Developer in any way they want. At the very least, it's archived in the Debian source code archive. Of course, OpenClonk is not in Debian, so there's no reason to make packaging work easier for Debian yet.

Though looking up the source of the advice, it apparently does not apply to the repository, so never mind.
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-11-04 18:49
Hm, they suggest not shipping the package files in other distributions, like tar balls? That makes kind of sense.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-11-04 15:25
But I guess it would be nice for us to have all distribution files in the same place.
Parent - By bahamada [de] Date 2010-11-07 13:39
Also it would be a good thing to incorporate this build into the CI for the nightly builds. :)
- By bahamada [de] Date 2010-12-26 00:15 Edited 2010-12-26 16:27
I submitted a patch for the trunk which include the debian control files.

http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~srhl62/openclonk_rev2421.patch

Edit:
Second patch with icons

http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~srhl62/openclonk_rev2422.patch

(Created with tortuisehg)
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Debian Package for Ubuntu Jaunty in PPA