Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / .deb and .rpm
- - By Newton [be] Date 2012-02-04 16:48
With all license issues solved, I'd like to push ahead with getting OC in the debian package repository.

I just read that with CMake, one can create .deb and .rpm files - as well as windows installation files with NSIS (with CPack). I have seen some lines in the CMakeLists.txt regarding that but would like to ask how is the status of that. Also, are we even creating our windows installers with CPack or did you create your own solution, ck?
- I'd think that doing all this through cmake should be the be the solution with the least maintenance trouble but especially Günther and Clonk-Karl will have (more) experience than I in that matter. Care to share it?
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-02-04 16:59
I think we should let the distributions do the packaging of OpenClonk. They have experience with their packaging systems and know what must be taken care of. I am certain that Philipp Kern would do this for Debian. All we need for this would be another release with a proper source tarball.
Parent - - By Newton [be] Date 2012-02-04 18:04
I wonder whether he is on the fosdem as well... might as well stroll over to their stand...
logging out again
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-02-04 21:43

> I wonder whether he is on the fosdem as well...

No, he is not (Learning for an exam instead).
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2012-02-05 01:13

> Also, are we even creating our windows installers with CPack

No, we're using the same solution CR used, a custom nsis file. I haven't bothered to learn CPack, nsis alone is insane enough. For Linux distributions, making sure that "make install" works is usually enough. Though if we want to offer packages on our website in addition or instead of the tarball, CPack might be an option.
Parent - - By Newton [be] Date 2012-02-05 13:52
One probably wouldn't have to deal with NSIS directly if we used CPack... so I take that the NSIS stuff in the CMakeLists.txt is not for CPack?
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2012-02-05 16:11 Edited 2012-02-05 16:13
I have no idea whether CPack can do everything our nsis script does. And yes, it's there so one can just do "make setup" to create an installer.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / .deb and .rpm