Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / alternative Concept: Elevator
- - By Fungiform Date 2012-02-09 15:34
Here my take for the elevator.
As I come from the Ruhr-Area I like the classic mining look.

Sketches:

The concept:
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2012-02-09 22:05
i like the concept, thought the whole thing looks a bit too perfectly crafted to be made by clonks (like those metal connections, the thin bars and stuff).
also, where is the engine for the wheel? i think the main thing missing here is the "wacky-technology"-thing, the elevator looks a bit too realistic to me
Parent - By Anonymous [th] Date 2012-02-10 06:44
Hm, I understand your concern.
The "bars" will change for sure. There will be gnarled wood planks. The thinness of them to my mind rather helps the wacky feeling. Also the very thin bars on the top are supposed to be ropes rather than bars. Actually I like how the general construction turned out but I could try to make it less regular...
The metal connections were only a first idea. Probably it think I will change the connections for wood constructions into ropes and leave the metal connectors for metal constructions. I'm still experimenting either the style so thanks for the input!

Motor: I was thinking to insert it. There is plenty of room on the roof of the structure that contains the cabin. It could even power the cabin wheel by some intricate clockwork.  We have to generally decide how visually complex/cluttered our models should be. A lot can be saved by choosing the right values (black/white value) but there are limits.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / alternative Concept: Elevator