Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Request] Gold Idol
- - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-02-28 00:52 Edited 2012-02-28 00:56
Or anything similar,

needs either new model or just texture (or both!)

currently:
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-28 02:15
Reminds me of something..
Well, gold statues usually display gods or kings: As clonks have neither (yet?), I don't have too much ideas of my own. My next guess would be "Animals" or some guardian spirits - anything that relates to the world of clonks somehow. One could even think about giving the idols some meaning then (Golden Sheep Statue increases wool gain by 3%!). Problem is, Clonk ALSO lacks animals at the moment. Leaves us with.. Tools? Each golden shovel statue increases digging speed by .. no, thats stupid. :(
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2012-02-28 08:03

> Clonk ALSO lacks animals at the moment.

Wait a minute! What about Golden Wipf Statue?
:-)
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-02-28 09:15

>Reminds me of something..

Well, we needed something quick that would work for now!

Mh, yeah, I have no other idea either at the moment (instead of the obvious, the logo: crossed shovel and musket!)

>Clonk ALSO lacks animals at the moment

hihi
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-28 11:41
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-02-28 11:44
Parent - By boni [at] Date 2012-02-28 09:35

>Well, gold statues usually display gods or kings:

Does anybody have a RL pic of Daniel? ;)
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-09-30 08:52 Edited 2012-09-30 09:18
What came to my mind was a clonk holding a shovel in a heroic position, something like that:

or that:

(leaning on his shovel)
What do you think of it? (The idea, not the sketches)
If somebody has the Clonk model, it wouldn't be too hard to add in a shovel.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2012-09-30 15:49
I would favor different models for same buildings. That would provide more variety, even if you build the same buildings over and over and over again. For the gold idol it shouldn't be that hard, maybe just a golden clonk/clonkine with different poses and tools on a podestal?
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2012-10-01 06:32
Like the second idea
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-11-07 14:23
Hm, I don't like this idea anymore. I think statues should also make the impression that they were made by, e.g., extinct cultures, like the CR one did. That way you can use it in your temple/jungle/... scenario.
Another point: Why would you even build a statue? I didn't build just a single one in CR. For me, statues just make sense if they have a better use than being decorative. Making them heal your clonks slowly has been discussed, but I don't like that idea, because then there would be no need to build a kitchen and have a crop - just build one or two statues!
The only idea I have right now is to have statues as a sort of an alarm system, they warn you somehow when enemys are passing by. But I'm not even sure if I like this.
So maybe statues just as decoration? Why enforce "buildings" you don't need?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-07 14:57
Who enforces statues?
Parent - By Andriel Date 2012-11-07 16:46
Nobody, as far as I know. :) This was meant as a general statement against the urge of adding CR stuff just because it was in CR, may there be one or not. (not)
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-11-07 20:45

> Why would you even build a statue?

Because you can use it as a race car.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-08 02:43
I agree with basically everything in this post. :P
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Request] Gold Idol