Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / System.ocg
- - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-03-31 01:42
I wanted to reorganize the global functions causing all these "WARNING: global func in appendto/included script:". While searching for the right place to put the funcs into, I stumbled upon the files in System.ocg especially Commits.c:

> Useful user committed functions, this should really be organized into more sensible categories.

I just want to do this. I want to resort Commits.c, Helpers.c and C4.c because the names of these files are not self-explanatory. Counter arguments is probably that those who accustomed with these files more or less know where to look for something.
Anyone opposed to this? Afterwards I will start resorting the warning causing funcs.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2012-03-31 02:54
Do it! Somebody feeling responsible for our global namespace could improve the situation a lot. Don't hesitate deleting unused stuff or renaming seldomly used functions for consistency either.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-03-31 07:29
agreed
Parent - By boni [at] Date 2012-03-31 10:31
Agreed. This is also the reason why zappers Arrays.c is in an own file, instead of Commits.c I guess.
When we have clear categories (and therefore files) we might also move or create some more helper functions into them.
- - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-04-03 03:02
Done. For better orientation, a function list is given FunctionOverview.txt

Removed function: GetAvailableObject
Our current approach of gameplay does not show the need of a such a function any more.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-04-03 13:05
FunctionOverview.txt sounds like ++maintenance.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-04-03 13:43
I don't expect anyone to maintain it. It's to get used to where I put the functions. I'm willing to delete it when it gets outdated. ;)
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / System.ocg