Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Mount Brame - Impossible?
- - By RipClaw [us] Date 2012-06-06 22:01
I'm playing the latest snapshot version. The settlement level, Mount Brame, seems to be impassible. You can do absolutely nothing, unless I'm missing something major. There aren't any loam, there are no other tools, and otherwise there is nothing to do. I've walked back and forth and dug all around just to see if it brings me an idea of what to do, yet I still can't figure out what I can do to progress. The only tool I can find is a shovel, by the dead clonk. Is the level broken, or what?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-06-06 22:11
Look around if you can spot any chests ;) *hint*
The scenario is solvable.
Because you aren't told anywhere in the game: It's possible to fling Clonks with a catapult!
Parent - - By RipClaw [us] Date 2012-06-06 22:48
I managed to get to the chest down in the bottom left by the lava, but there's nothing useful there... I was expecting loam or an axe or something. Is it possible to construct a catapult without a workshop?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-06-06 23:37
No. But luckily, there already is a workshop!
Parent - - By RipClaw [us] Date 2012-06-06 23:45
But isn't it like, at the top right of the map? I honestly cannot find any possibly way to ascend to the level of one of the higher chests. No useful material or tools are given.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-06-07 00:53
It's a bit tricky. I guess Mt. Brame is more of a scenario for devs who know some tricks. Right now, I would doubt that it'll it into the release as it is but who knows.

The main trick of digging upwards is that you can use the shovel while jumping (just before you hit the wall and start scaling), digging away earth until you can ascend to that platform. It is possible to get up there just by using the shovel.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-06-06 22:16
And maybe on a second note: Mt. Brame is more like a puzzle game. There is not much settlement in it (you won't construct any buildings).
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Mount Brame - Impossible?