Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Quick Hello and Elation
- - By Koronis [de] Date 2012-07-02 01:23
Hi everyone,
I just found out about this wonderful project two hours ago. I've been a huge fan of Clonk for as long as I can think back. When I heard about this I have been very sceptical due to my familiarity to the original clonk. Playing through the tutorial and starting my first mission I have to say I am stunned. I love the much more intuitive controls, the cannon and weapon firing, the graphics and almost everything else I saw. And I can't wait to see where this is going.
If you need any help translating content from english to german, have a mathematical problem (as I'm a maths student with IT as minor subject) or just want an opinion let me know any time. I would be happy to help. In the meantime I think there is enough material lying around that I can read to keep me busy and excited.
Greetings and hello,
Koronis
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-07-02 16:04
Hi!
Thanks for the feedback, we might not need the help with translation (since most of the developers are german) but we always need feedback and opinions! (And also, if I might encounter a harder math problem someday, I might get back to you ;) )
Currently (like every early summer) development has slowed down a bit - but you can always test the newest stuff with the "development snapshots" from the download section - even right now it should be a lot more up-to-date than the last release version
Parent - - By Koronis [de] Date 2012-07-02 19:30
Hey Zapper,
yes I noticed that there is quite a lot more implemented in the newest version. And I already found some minor ideas that I would like to learn more about (Like a proposal to make trees unable to player moving after they lie on the ground). I will try to learn the Clonk scripting first I think. I had some issues with the sound that I couldn't resolve with the help of the Tutorial for Windows (http://wiki.openclonk.org/w/Building_with_Windows).

Also, if anyone feels bored and likes to talk a little I would be a very interested student to everything related to this. We could use skype, teamspeak or any other software.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-07-02 19:57
The usual way of communication (apart of the forum) is IRC. So if you want to part in any discussions, join #openclonk-dev on euIRC. If you'd like to talk in German but with less activity and important stuff, join #openclonk ;)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Quick Hello and Elation