Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Problems and Posible Answers
- - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-09 23:36
Problem: A couple of people said that when there's a pile of stuff on the ground it's hard to pickup what you want.
Answer: Maybe you could add a pickup bar that shows all the items available to be picked up by the player (clonk) and have it where you can just select what item you want.
Sorry if I'm a bit confusing. :(
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-10 12:12
The contents menu (key:E) could also show stuff that lies on the ground.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-10 19:09
Boni said he didn't like that when I proposed it to him. :(
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-10 19:19
Yes Newton exactly what I was thinking and why not It's not going to hurt any to have it there for people that want it. :)
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2012-10-11 16:56
I have such a mechanic in a Clonk Rage project, it works very well. So, I recommend your idea.
- - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-13 23:16
Idea: You know how in open clonk that the mouse is your aim er well It would be nice for those who like to play multiplayer on the same computer to have an optional keyboard aim er. Just a thought. :)
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-10-14 00:14
Nope; Getting the current controls straight is enough of a task. To have another control scheme to consider with each feature would be a real pain.
Parent - By ala [nl] Date 2012-10-14 09:36
The old settler2 had the possibility to play with two players if you connected a second mouse to the computer (really great!). In this age gamepads might do the trick, but I agree that there are more important things to do right now.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-10-14 13:00
What speaks against aiming with an analog stick?
Parent - By boni [at] Date 2012-10-14 22:32
Who said that it's impossible? ;P
- - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-14 22:38
I'm not asking for a lot just an optional aim er like in clonk rage for the Winchester rifle is the really sooo hard. :\
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-14 22:53

> is the really sooo hard

Yes, it is. It's not gonna happen any time soon (and probably will never). It's the price for having versatile mouse contols. It would be a pain to do something like this as it's not only aiming stuff but a whole lot more (menus, construction sites, throwing, the teleglove and so on).
Even if done, it would never be as fun as playing with a mouse. Probably won't be fun at all.

The best hope is that sometime in the future one player will use mouse & keyboard and another one (or more than one) a gamepad. But that depends on the gamepad controls getting fixed and that depends on the controls getting sorted out.

At some point, you have to accept a no as a no, sorry.
Parent - - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-14 23:01 Edited 2012-10-14 23:05
OK. Sorry for pushing it I guess I didn't account for the complexity of seemingly simple tasks. Sorry if I offended anybody. Really you guys are doing a great job. :)
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-14 23:05

> Sorry if I offended anybody.

No offence taken. :)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Problems and Posible Answers