Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Scenario (and other) feedback for OpenClonk 3.1
- - By Andriel Date 2012-10-15 21:02
Hi guys, I just tested out the fresh release and I thought I better create a new thread for better comprehensibility:

1. I'm not able to win Tutorial Melee Weapons. (Also, the last AI is bugged)

2. If you do the sword jump attack straight down, the slice effect sometimes is on the wrong side.

3. The swords hitting range seems to low for me. Sometimes, the sword visually hits the target but doesn't do damage.

4. I love that you can go backwards with the shield now but there seems to be an "if(action == walk) backwards();" missing, because if you have a shield, climb (or hangle or swim...) and use it the Clonk always turns around which looks very strange when climbing.

I know the tutorials are curently reworked but here are two notes:

1. You should at some point learn how to regain health (is there any food yet?), for example after nearly dying because of overpowered enemys. (See 2.)

2. The second javelin thrower (in the tower) is way too strong, because he always hits you to death if you try climbing up or jumping to him. (But I guess this point is gonna be irrelevant since the tuts will change anyway)

Thats all for now.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-10-15 21:16

> 1. I'm not able to win Tutorial Melee Weapons. (Also, the last AI is bugged)

Did you forget to kill all the opponents? Or can you be a bit more specific? And yes the Move command seems to be broken completely now :(
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-15 21:23

> I'm not able to win Tutorial Melee Weapons. (Also, the last AI is bugged)

I did a test, worked fine for me. Can you explain this a bit more?

> is there any food yet?

Yes, there is. But it's not used in any melee rounds but in the settlement scenarios (you can find some bread in Crash Landing).

>  The second javelin thrower (in the tower) is way too strong, because he always hits you to death if you try climbing up or jumping to him.

I just playtested (as stated above) - he hit me 3 or 4 times when trying to climb up but he also missed 3 or 4, giving me enough time to climb up and slash him.
Parent - By Andriel Date 2012-10-16 14:37 Edited 2012-10-16 14:59

>I did a test, worked fine for me. Can you explain this a bit more?
>Did you forget to kill all the opponents? Or can you be a bit more specific?

Oh, I didn't kill all the enemys... I just was confused because the last hint says that you win the scenario if you kill the last AI.

>I just playtested (as stated above) - he hit me 3 or 4 times when trying to climb up but he also missed 3 or 4, giving me enough time to climb up and slash him.

I think success in the tutorials shouldn't depend on how often the AI misses, but on the players cleverness.

PS:
I just noticed that the wood particles now last longer! Juhu! (Now there is only the problem left that they look like cutted toenails ;))
Parent - By ala [nl] Date 2012-10-16 16:24

>2. The second javelin thrower (in the tower) is way too strong, because he always hits you to death if you try climbing up or jumping to him. (But I guess this point is gonna be irrelevant since the tuts will change anyway)

He also killed me three times, he is like a good camper - and hard to approach, but I learned something from him.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Scenario (and other) feedback for OpenClonk 3.1