Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / feedback and wishes
- - By Thoradyn [de] Date 2012-10-19 00:47
Hi there
Im new to OpenClonk, found it at chip.de and downloaded it because I played Clonk planet years ago and it was a nice game.
First, the graphics looks great, and I really like what you've done.
I use 5.3.1 but not the newest snapshot so i dont know if you already fixed some things a talk about here.

However, in the Ranged Weapons tutorial (I play the german version and dont know the exact english name) there is a little problem: At one point, you have to destroy a target that drops a flint onto a little sand layer and the explosion opens the way to a chest where you can find the bow and arrows. It happend to me that I destroyed the balloon and dropped the target and the flint so soft that the flint didnt explode. I couldnt collect the flintstone and destroy the sand layer by myself so i had to restart the tutorial.

At another situation, thought, it happened to me that the flintstone exploded way to easy. i digged to a flint with a shovel and even had a free hand slot to catch the flint, but it fall to the ground ( approx from the height of my clonks breast to his feet) and exploded. maybe you should balance that a little bit if you havent already.

Another issue is, that the controls if you swim are quite tricky. Maybe you could improve that some time, but its not too important.

The last thing is: i would like to have more maps for simple settlement. The only "normal" settle map is the first one but its kinda small and the goal is reached quickly. I would like to have a map wich is really huge for building big settlements. Or, wich would be even better, a random map generator where you can choose length, high, and attitude like in clonk planet. At the moment the number of buildings and objects you can craft might be low, but i hope that will change as the comunity grows and that there will be as much objects as in Clonk Planet or other parts somewhen. However I would really like to see a "normal" map where you can settle that is huge and without such special conditions like in Iron Mountin or the other ones.
Ive heard of that Editor, Eclipse, you have, but Im not shure how big the effort is to get into it, expecially for someone who isnt a programmer like me.

but alll in all the game is great. I like the graphics and the many objects you created. It has a huge potential and I would like to say thank you to the developers who made a great CLonk game for us =)
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-19 01:23 Edited 2012-10-19 01:31

>At another situation, thought, it happened to me that the flintstone exploded way to easy. i digged to a flint with a shovel and even had a free hand slot to catch the flint, but it fall to the ground ( approx from the height of my clonks breast to his feet) and exploded. maybe you should balance that a little bit if you havent already.

Yes, that is a problem but if you dig so that the flint is just halfway uncovered and then push the down button twice it should work. ;)
By the way, welcome to Open Clonk. :)
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-19 08:15
Thanks for the feedback.

All of that are valid points, some already on a To-Do-List, some not :)
For example at least I was not aware that the flint in the tutorials could not explode occasionally. The lack of settlement scenario currently just comes from the lack of objects - because we could put in a dozen different scenarios, but the player would basically have to do the same in all of them because of the lack of objects. That should improve when there are more buildings and objects
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-10-19 11:38

> The last thing is: i would like to have more maps for simple settlement. The only "normal" settle map is the first one but its kinda small and the goal is reached quickly. I would like to have a map wich is really huge for building big settlements.

I'm all in favor of a free settlement map. I think it should be a big priority. I still have that post-it from our development meeting stuck to my laptop (that's why you can't see it on the photo). But I didn't finish because we were hunting sync losses until the very end of the meeting :(
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-10-19 13:03
Well time to start working on that now, then we can play that in the Sunday session!
Parent - - By Thoradyn [de] Date 2012-10-19 15:27
thanks for the positive answers =)
Regarding the settlement maps: I expected that there are not enough Objects to make free settlement attractive in the present state of development. I mean, In clonk planet there were sooooo many objects. But Im shure that in OpenCLonk there will be tons of objects, too, when the game becomes more and more popular.

So, I would suggest that you make at least one very big map for simple and peacefull settlement before there are many objects added, because it would be a great scenario for the community to test new objects after they come out.
I see you are already aware of this wish and Im shure you will do it when the right time has come. =)
Parent - - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-19 18:38
I think that's a great idea. :)
Parent - - By Thoradyn [de] Date 2012-10-19 20:30
Another Idea/wish I have is a building where you can store things. At the moment I can only store things In buildings that "use" the item. I could need a storage house where I can put all my stuff in. The chests only have space for 5 items, so they are kinda useless. an alternative to a building would be more space in chests, like 50 items.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-10-19 21:26
Agreed, this needs also a method to look things from your opponents
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-20 03:06
Yes, if they fix the wood cabin then you would have a place to store stuff in. :)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / feedback and wishes