Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Character Customizations.
- - By Yokaikp [in] Date 2012-10-19 07:57
What if The Clonks Had their Characters Customized???Players Could Spend Time and Enjoy Dressing-up Their Clonks,Stuff Like that.....Not too In-depth,Just basic Stuff.......Is that Possible???
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-19 08:53
Currently, you can choose 4 different skins. Allowing free modification wouldn't be hard at all but with models, it's hard to enforce something that is still recognizable as a clonk. Allowing skins only is, while maybe a little tricky, possible. Something like a dress-up with choice for different shoes, trousers, shirts and hats would be a lot of work.
Parent - - By Yokaikp [in] Date 2012-10-19 12:00
But isn't that worth it???
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-19 12:35
Sadly no, not really. Maybe if the rest of the game was finished but like this it's just a diversion of valuable manpower. You're practically taking it away from important parts (improvement of gameplay) to non-relevant stuff (visual eyecandy).
Besides, it's not even certain that customisable outfits will be better than well-made but non-customisable skins. They certainly are more fun if made well but there's no guarantee we accomplish that ;)

If someone would do this on his own, I don't think many would say no but puttin it on the project's agenda is another thing. You'll certainly agree, it's worth more to improve gameplay fun than visual fun (at first glance; hopefully there's plenty of time to improve visuals once the game reached a certain level of completeness).
Parent - - By Anonymous [in] Date 2012-10-19 12:56
Thank you,I got it...... :)
Parent - - By Yokaikp [in] Date 2012-10-19 13:00
That wud be me,slight browser problem :)
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-10-19 13:00
Yeah, I figured. Your location flag is quite revealing ;)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Character Customizations.