Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Fire Effects
- - By Andriel Date 2012-10-25 17:44
I just played "Molten Monarch" and noticed the "burning" effect you get if you are the king. I actually liked it a lot better than then current fire effects if you fall into lava for example. I think a similar effect should be default, not the animated fire sprite particle thing we have now. I never understood why the burning effects could not be particles only. Would look much cooler, in my opinion.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-25 18:44
The simple answer is that particle fire is too slow at the moment :/

Before we have a decent particle fire, we would need some speed improvements there, I guess

PS: In Molten Monarch only the king has this effect, so speed is not an issue there. But imagine a whole forest burning.
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-10-25 18:57
Are these speed improvements likely to be done by someone? As this is engine stuff only (I suppose), I could ask at some C++ forums if someone wants to improve his skills by contributing to an opensource project. :)
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-25 19:04

>Are these speed improvements likely to be done by someone?

They are at the very bottom of my to-do-list. So probably not in the next time.
If you find someone who wants to contribute to OC in any way, go ahead and invite them! :)
Parent - - By Andriel Date 2012-10-25 21:17

>in any way

Is this page still up to date? Some points like Editor Redesign seem outdated since there are two editors actually.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-25 22:37
Have a look at the screenshot there.

"Editor" is not the player/developer frontend to create new objects and scripts. "Editor" is the console mode of the Clonk engine. Where you can draw a scenario, place objects and set properties etc.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Fire Effects