Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Land Sub
- - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-30 21:20
What about something like this only better.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-10-30 21:25
That looks dangerous :)
The Hazard-tank back in CR had pretty good physics - maybe someone wants to port it!
Parent - - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-30 21:29
I was just thinking about what we don't have in openclonk and a good underwater boat is missing and good land transportation.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-10-30 22:12

>and good land transportation.

Railways!
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-30 23:50
A very nice idea. 100% for the rail thing.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-10-31 00:51
The main reason I haven't yet bothered with a submarine was the fact that there's really not much water in any of the scenarios. The idea for an amphibious submarine sounds cool though. I'll have to think about it's role better, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-10-31 10:28
Would solve the problem of getting it in and out of the water. But not sure if we should solve this problem for the player. The necessity for players to build docks, cranes and elevators into the water was always very interesting.

As for a submarine, I'd find a DPV also interesting.
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2012-10-31 23:59

>Would solve the problem of getting it in and out of the water. But not sure if we should solve this problem for the player. The necessity for players to build docks, cranes and elevators into the water was always very interesting.

Yes, that was kind of a nice "obstacle" for the player.

>As for a submarine, I'd find a DPV also interesting.

As for the DVP it dose sound interesting, but wouldn't it defeat what you just stated above, If I understand you correctly.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Land Sub