Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / debian package depencies problem
- - By IchUndNichtDu [de] Date 2013-04-10 14:55
I downloaded the openclonk.deb from http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openclonk/openclonk_5.3.3-1_amd64.deb and tried to install it on my Linux Mint 14 system. I got an error that depencies couldn't solved. If i trie toinstall it wis dpkg this happens:

sven@sven-linuxmint:~$ sudo dpkg -i /var/tmp/kdecache-sven/krun/3228_0_openclonk_5.3.3-1_amd64.deb
(Lese Datenbank ... 198876 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Vorbereitung zum Ersetzen von openclonk 5.3.3-1 (durch .../3228_0_openclonk_5.3.3-1_amd64.deb) ...
Ersatz für openclonk wird entpackt ...
dpkg: Abhängigkeitsprobleme verhindern Konfiguration von openclonk:
openclonk hängt ab von libglew1.7 (>= 1.7.0); aber:
  Paket libglew1.7 ist nicht installiert.
openclonk hängt ab von libsdl-mixer1.2; aber:
openclonk hängt ab von openclonk-data (= 5.3.3-1); aber:
  Paket openclonk-data ist nicht installiert.

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openclonk (--install):
Abhängigkeitsprobleme - verbleibt unkonfiguriert
Trigger für man-db werden verarbeitet ...
Trigger für menu werden verarbeitet ...
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
openclonk
sven@sven-linuxmint:~$

(codeblocks would be very nice. I didn't found one)
sorry i'm not able to translate the output of dpkg to english. So i hope you will understand it.
so can anyone help me?
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2013-04-10 19:46

> [Dependency issue: libglew1.7 not available]

Unfortunately the base distribution of Linux Mint 14, Ubuntu Quantal, no longer ships libglew1.7. You can try installing it from the debian archives, but I wouldn't recommend that -- instead you could try and compile OpenClonk yourself. While we do not provide a Code::Blocks project, the build system used by OpenClonk, CMake, is able to create Code::Blocks project files.
Parent - By IchUndNichtDu [de] Date 2013-04-12 07:05
would it help if i make a new package, that works for Ubuntu/Mint too?
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2013-04-12 18:07
You want cmake -G"CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" (there's a ninja-version, too)
Parent - - By IchUndNichtDu [de] Date 2013-04-13 14:37
Oh sorry. I died mean codeblocks in the forum. Like spoiler-blocks, you know? Here's example of an codeblock, if you don't know what i mean.
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2013-04-15 21:35
They're called tt here.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2013-04-12 18:17
Don't the binary packages we provide work? They should sidestep this problem by only using reliably available packages.
Parent - - By IchUndNichtDu [de] Date 2013-04-13 14:39
Do you mean the binarys you only unpack and then can start the game? If you mean them:
Yes they work. But i prefer debian packages and i think it would be great to have a .deb-package that works for Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2013-04-15 21:34
One of the points of Debian packages is to not duplicate library code, which is in direct conflict with the goal of working across systems. We could create not-quite-debian packages which essentially re-package the existing binary packages, but that's a bunch of work, and at the end won't enable anyone to run Clonk that couldn't before. Alternatively, you could wait until the existing Debian packages reach Mint. (Mint does import the entire Debian archive eventually, right?) Or just run Debian unstable, like I do :-)
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2013-04-16 19:44

> Or just run Debian unstable, like I do :-)

I thought OpenClonk is not in the Debian stable archive yet anyway
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2013-04-17 18:31
It's not, but Debian Sid has libglew1.7 (Ubuntu Quantal has libglew1.8 instead).
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / debian package depencies problem